Makeup essentials are must-have products for personal use or starting a kit:
1. Foundation: think of your skin as a canvas. Foundation creates an even tone, forming a basis or canvas ‘primer’. Flawless skin has an imperative role in the overall aesthetic of your makeup look. It is therefore crucial to choose the correct color to match your skin tone and a formula which meets your skin’s needs (sheer, medium or full coverage). If you have darker areas or blemishes, add a concealer to this list as well.
2. Bronzer: this may not seem like your typical makeup essential, however once you master contouring it will become a favorite. It provides warmth, depth and definition which can take your makeup to the next level.
3. Cream colour base: being a multi-purpose product, this product is good value. It can be used on the cheeks and eyes and can create a good highlight.
4. Eye shadow palette: provides you with several colours to work with which are often coherent. A neat rail colour palette is good to start off with and can translate into classic, everyday makeup looks.
5. Mascara: mascara opens up the eyes and transforms the entire look and feel of your makeup. Again, there are different formulas and wands which create different effects. Experiment with these to find one you like best.
6. Lipstick: lipstick comes in a large variety if colours and formulas. Explore these as they can elevate your makeup to the next level. Don’t be afraid of a bold lip. A nude, red and pink lipstick are more than enough for your essentials kit.
As you can see by the image, I am a Mac girl, however this list applies to all makeup on the market. If you would like to splurge on Mac products, I can assure that you won’t be disappointed. I will post makeup techniques and my full kit in upcoming posts.
I hope this post was helpful 🙂