Looking for a bold, classic beauty look for the winter season? This is it: liquid liner, warm blush tones and burgundy lips.
To create this look, I have used Mac Cosmetics.
- Step 1: Apply a layer of foundation, before setting it with powder (if needed). Spritz some Fix+ to ensure that the makeup does not appear caked.
- Step 2: Lightly contour (optional). I apply the colour just below my cheekbones and in the crease of my eye, although this will depend on your face shape.
- Step 4: Apply a warm golden blush to the cheekbones. Now apply a highlighter in the shape of a “C” from the brow bone to the upper cheekbone.
- Step 5: Apply a gel liner to the lash line, before coating your lashes with mascara.
- Step 6: Fill in the eyebrows. This step is essential to frame the eye and will make your make stand out.
- Step 6: Apply lipstick in a burgundy shade. Done!
Tips and tricks:
- Lipstick: Winter is great for deep, rich colour lipsticks. Reds, browns and purples are great options. Work with colours that you’re conformable with wearing. Matte is always a great option because it’ll stay in place for extended periods. Consider your eye colour when selecting a shade- these colours will work with most, although the red base that I have used here works especially well as red and green are complementary colours.
- Brows: This is definitely my makeup clutch- the one product I cannot do without. A pencil is easy to work with, but consider the consistency and colour before purchasing one. If it is too creamy, it’ll be difficult to blend and it will run out quickly, so look for something that has a powder finish. In terms of colour, try to match your natural brows as close as possible. Other options include mascara gels and brow set’s.
Contact me for makeup tutorials, lessons and applications 🙂
Photos by Yusrah